Women considering infertility treatment should take appropriate safety measures to avoid any complications of pregnancy. Once a couple suffers from infertility, there are many medications and medical treatments that help them achieve paternity. Of all the infertility treatments, IVF is the most spectacular infertility treatment with the highest success rate.
What is IVF?
IVF (In-Vitro Fertilization) refers to a method where an egg cell is fertilized with sperm outside a woman’s body in a laboratory setup. Once the egg is fertilized and takes the shape of an embryo it is transferred inside a woman’s uterus to continue for a normal pregnancy. IVF treatment in Ahmedabad is considered to be the most effective treatment with the highest success rate.
Patients with blocked or damaged fallopian tubes, unexplained infertility do not respond to medical treatment, low sperm count or motility, IVF treatment is often recommended for pregnancy. To date, it has helped millions of infertile couples embrace the joys of parenthood. However, there are some major precautionary measures to increase the chances of conception after the IVF procedure.
Safety precautions after IVF procedure
If you choose to take IVF treatment, you should follow certain safety measures before, during, and after your IVF cycle to increase your chances of a successful pregnancy.
Before your IVF treatment cycle:
- You should eat a healthy diet for several months. This includes fruits, vegetables, nuts, and all the nutrients. You shouldn’t try to reduce carbs and fats, as they are necessary for a small amount. Avoid foods such as fish, which are high in mercury, and can cause fertility problems.
- Maintain a healthy weight and a BMI of 30 or less. Being overweight can affect your IVF cycle. You can manage your weight by doing lightweight training.
- For your overall health, you may need additional vitamin supplements or other medications. These are usually prescribed by India best IVF doctor well before the IVF treatment.
- Avoid extreme heat and radiation-based treatments that can cause fertility problems.
- High levels of caffeine and alcohol consumption can increase the risk of miscarriage, as well as health complications for both the mother and her unborn child. Before you start IVF treatment, limit or stop drinking alcohol.
- This is true for tobacco products and smoking. This can directly affect your chances of getting pregnant and negatively affect your reproductive organs.
- Your journey ahead can be stressful and you need to be patient and optimistic for good results. Research has shown that mental health can have a significant impact on the process of conception. You can improve your mental health by reading, exercising, and meditating.
During your IVF Treatment Cycle
- Keep eating a balanced diet and drinking plenty of fluids. You don’t need to more drink water. You can also have smoothies, juices, and shakes made with fruit.
- The ban on smoking and alcohol will continue. You should limit your intake to one cup per day.
- After discussing your options with your infertility specialist in Ahmedabad, keep up the moderately intense exercise.
- Any medications that you take at this stage can have a direct impact on your IVF treatment. You should only take the medications that your IVF doctor has prescribed. Consult your doctor if you feel the need to take any other medication.
After your IVF Treatment Cycle:
- Keep up a healthy diet and only eat home-cooked meals. Avoid packaged and processed foods, and don’t eat food that has been more than 12 hours.
- Light exercises that promote blood circulation such as walking, yoga, and breathing are encouraged.
- Until the pregnancy is confirmed, avoid lifting heavy-weighted objects for at least 2 weeks. The IVF cycle may be affected if you lift heavy items.
- Avoid Sunbath and swimming as they can cause infection to the vaginal area, which could lead to miscarriage. Ahmedabad fertility doctors recommend that patients take a shower instead of swimming and sunbath.
Sunflower Women’s Hospital in Ahmedabad is proud to have a long history of success in IVF treatments. Our certified fertility specialists can help you if infertility has kept you from having a child. We leave no stone unturned in helping couples enjoy paternity through our advanced fertility treatment approaches.