Dr. Chirag Shah
My aim as an Embryologist, is to demonstrate my skills and utilize the gained experience further to work in favor and for the betterment of the organization. Also to thrive in a highly professional & challenging environment where there is advancement and room for career and personal growth, finally to become a dependable and conscientious leader of an Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART) team.
|Master’s of Biotechnology||University of Western Sydney (UWS)||2009-2010|
|Bachelor’s of Pharmacy||Pune University (AISSMS COP)||2004-2008|
- Currently working as a Embryologist at Sunflower Women’s Hospital since October ‘ 14.
Competency in the following techniques:
- Maintain and troubleshoot IVF laboratory equipments, such as CO2/O2 incubator, micro-manipulator, laser system, etc.
- Oocyte collection and denuding
- Identifying stages of oocyte maturation
- In-vitro maturation of human oocytes (IVM)
- Oocyte Intra-cytoplasmic sperm Injection (ICSI)
- IVF inseminations
- Embryo and Blastocyst culture
- Fertilisation assessment and Embryo grading (Day 1-Day 6)
- Embryo and Blastocyst transfer
- Laser assisted hatching
- Time Lapse Imaging
- Oocyte and embryo cryopreservation by Vitrification method /controlled freezing method
- Embryo biopsy and Tubing for PGD/PGS (Trained & Validated but yet to perform on patients)
- Semen analysis and Sperm cryopreservation and thawing
- Semen sample preparation using various methods for ART procedures
- Surgical sperm retrieval (SSR) (TESE , TESA, Micro- TESA and PESA sperm preparation)
- Patient Counselling
- Conducting IUI worskshops for Infertility Consultants and Lab Techinicians
- Maintaining necessary data
Project Work Undertaken:
Thesis on Mix culture Biofilms
- Main objective of thesis was to define conditions that encouraged the formation of biofilms in pure cultures followed by formation in co-cultures i.e. mix culture and studying distribution of the organisms this mixed culture biofilm.
- The viability and stability of each organism in the biofilm was studied. Different organisms used included E.coli O157, E.coli K 12, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Bacillus subtilis.
- Every step performed was under aseptic technique.
- Different instruments handled during this experiment include Autoclave, Incubator, Sonicator, LAFU, Vortexing unit, and a light microscope with a digital camera. Nutrient agar and MacConkey’s agar plates and slants were prepared to maintain pure cultures.