Advantages of Endoscopy
Why To Choose Endoscopic Surgeries Over Open Surgery ?
- Endoscopic Surgery is minimally invasive surgery where the largest scar is of 10 mm size.
- Cosmetically scars are small & almost invisible.
- Blood loss is less as bleeding can be controlled at micro level by targeted cautery.
- Laparoscope allows targeted magnification of area under vision .
- Laparoscope allows to identify proper tissue planes & prevents injury to adjacent structures.
- Less post operative pain.
- Sonologically undetected & clinically silent pathology can be diagnosed by laparoscopy.
- Post Surgery recovery is faster as minimal tissue handling hence shorter hospital stay.
- Makes major gynaec surgery an day care event.