Indication of IUI
- Unexplained infertility
- Male infertility due to antibodies to his own sperm. Sperm not damaged by the antibodies will be separated and used in the IUI process.
- Retrograde ejaculation, a condition where the semen goes back into the bladder rather than being expelled from the body.
- The man has a low sperm count, though the sperm should be healthy.
- Couples who cannot naturally have intercourse due to disability, injury or premature ejaculation.
- A woman’s cervical mucus is scant or hostile to sperm. Through IUI, sperm directly reaches the uterus, bypassing the cervix and the cervical mucus.
- sexual dysfunction- dyspareunia, erectile dysfuction, veganism’s
- Serodiscordant couple- HIV, hepatitis B, Hepatitis C