IVF also known as in vitro fertilisation is a common treatment modality for infertile couples. During IVF treatment, the woman is given drugs to stimulate the ovaries in order to produce multiple eggs. Eggs are collected and stored in a controlled environment along with sperm. IVF is performed when the quality of semen is considered normal. If the male partner is diagnosed with infertility, ICSI treatment is advised by the physician. During this method, sperm is inserted into the egg by an embryologist.
Just be sure to consult the best fertility expert. If you are looking for one, visit India’s best IVF Centre to get the best treatment plan according to your diagnosis.
Important facts about IVF treatment
- IVF is the most successful treatment modality in the infertility treatment armamentarium.
- The IVF cycle can take about 3 to 6 weeks.
Who needs IVF treatment?
- Women with obscure fertility problems or who have taken other fertility treatments, but the results were unsuccessful.
- Women who are diagnosed with blocked or damaged fallopian tubes.
- Men with severe infertility such as lowsperm count or low sperm motility. These problems are serious and may require additional action.
- Women arediagnosed with ovulation problems and who did not achieve successful results with other treatments.
Successful Fertilization for IVF Treatment
Once the sperm and egg are placed in a controlled environment, then fertilization will take place. If this process is successful, the embryo develops for 2 to 6 days. This step helps the best Gynaecologist India select a good embryo that is transferred back into the female fertility tract. After the embryo transfer, the woman needs to wait 2 weeks, and then a pregnancy test is done to check the results.
Is there a situation where IVF treatment is not the option of choice?
Not everyone needs IVF treatment. It is possible that women at a younger age may be offered other treatment options, such as medical treatment for first ovulation. India best IVF doctor best IVF doctor is the right person to guide you on how to take the next step.
How safe is IVF Treatment?
IVF is not only the most successful fertility treatment, but it is also the safest. Most of the time, women have no problem with their health and even pregnancy goes smoothly. Having more than one pregnancy or birth (twins, three or more), may sometimes cause serious health problems for both mother and baby. However as we are moving towards single blastocyst transfer, such problems can be easily avoided.