Dr. R. G. Patel
Sunflower Women's Hospital
132 Ft. Ring Road, Drive-In Road Junction, Opp. Traffic Police Helmet,
Nr. Manav Mandir,Memnagar, Ahmedabad 380 052. Gujarat, India.
Mobile: 98250 68696
Date of Birth: 1st June, 1963
- Joined my MBBS and MD (obstetrics and gynaecology) in B.J. Medical College and Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad in 1988.
- Civil Hospital is the largest hospital in Asia and I completed my MD in 1991 with distinction.
- I was the Vice President and Treasurer of Junior Doctors Association during residency.
- I started as consultant gynaecologist in 1992 at Bhansali Hospital and Anand Hospital, Deesa under guidance of very dynamic and senior surgeon Dr. C. K. Patel.
- From 1994-2004, I worked as a senior consultant at Patan (North Gujarat).
- I was the first in Gujarat to do Transvaginal Sonography & Color Doppler with Wipro RT 3200 among private gynaecologists.
- Operative Laparoscopy, Operative Hysteroscopy, Laparoscopic Ectopic pregnancy removal, LAVH, Laparoscopic ovarian cyst removal, Laparoscopic Myomectomy were the laparoscopic procedures routinely done at my hospital in Patan.
- I performed hysteroscopic surgeries like septal resection, polypectomy and tubal cannulation
- I was pioneer for IUI, Color Doppler, Fetal Monitoring (Oxford).
- IUI pregnancies were more than 500 at my hospital (in Patan).
- I have completed 300 non descent vaginal hysterectomies with different indications like large size fibroids, previous operative deliveries and previous sling operations.
- I had been faculty at various state level conferences and workshops.
- I have delivered lectures at different places and on different topics in all over Gujarat.
- I have worked as Secretary of Patan Gynaec Society very successfully.
- I am life member of AICOG, IMA and FOGSI.
- I have been trained for IVF at Lilavati, Bombay and for ICSI at Shivani Scientific Lab.
- I was the Director of Mayflower Women's Hospital and established IVF Department. During my 5 years in Mayflower I was an IVF & Infertility specialist, achieving 40 - 50 % pregnancy rate. I was the organizing secretary of "1st national event composed of The ART & Endoscopy Workshop and Conference (Progress & Challenges in Infertility and Endoscopy) at Ahmedabad".
National and International Conferences
- Attended special training on "Use of LASER in IVF" in Germany in January 2004.
- IFFS-International federation of fertility society in Cape Town, South Africa in 2006.
- Actively attended ESHRE at Copenhagen, Denmark, in June 2006
- ISAR, Chandigarh as faculty on "Markers of Endometrial Receptivity" in March 2008.
- Conference on 'Ovary Unravelled' at Bombay 2010 January as faculty on "treatment of thin Endometrium".
- As faculty and panelist in panel discussion on 'recurrent pregnancy loss' at ISAR Cochin in March 2010.
- As faculty, delivered lecture on 'repeated pregnancy losses at Asian congress of infertility in Singapore in April 2010.
- Actively participated in ESHRE Rome Italy in June 2010.
- Was awarded prize at ASRM, Oct 2010 in Denver, USA.
- Presented many papers in state, national and international conferences.
CLINICAL and ACADEMIC pursuits
- Trained more than 300 gynaecologists for IUI and IVF from all over India and abroad (FOGSI recognized training centre for IUI and IVF).
- More than 390 IVF babies have been delivered by me.
- More than 1800 IUI babies have been delivered by me.
- 50% to 56% success rate in IVF ART.
- Pioneer in Laser assisted hatching technique of IVF (delivered first laser assisted hatching baby of Gujarat).
- Special interest in recurrent pregnancy loss, male infertility, Colour Doppler and genetics.
- Lots of egg donation, embryo donation and surrogacy is being done at my hospital for indicated cases and with very good results.
- Facilities for Cryo preservation of Sperm and Embryo, PGD, Laser Assisted Hatching are available at Sunflower.
- Patients from all over Gujarat, neighboring states like Rajasthan, MP, Maharastra, all over India and abroad come to Sunflower for IVF cycles.
- Eminent Rotarian, honored by Rotary club of Ahmedabad.
- I am interested in sports; cricket is a hobby and passion.
- I am voracious reader, book collector, interested in photography and affiliated with few social organizations.